Friday, March 03, 2006

"Always look on the bright side of life."

I thought that my last posts have been a little on the dark side so I thought I'd write something more positive. So here are some things I've learnt over the last week;

1 I don't know as much as I thought about computers.

2 How to use Word for something other than very simple texts.

3 What it feels like to be a student again.

4 What it feels like to put in a full day's work and then study on top of that.

5 How to learn through a foreign language rather just the language itself.

6 What it feels like when your teacher just races through the materials without checking whether you've understood it.

7 That I need to slow down as a teacher sometimes and that we have to finish the page/chapter/unit/book is no excuse.

8 A whole new area of vocabuary in Greek since the lessons are in Greek and we all use the Greek language version of Windows XP.

9 Your fellow student can be the best teaching resource at your disposal.

10 Teachers are the most critical students LOL.


No comments: