Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Blogging in the wild, blue yonder


We're just crossing into German airspace and I'm bored so I decided to do a bit of blogging in order to kill time.It's been a couple of years since I last went back to the UK and in a sense it is a like one of those long, convoluted explanations of Relativity that I try to struggle through from time to time.

You know the ones where one guy gets in a space space that travels at almost the speed of light while his twin brother (why is it always a guy?) stays behind on Earth. The one feels that he has only been away for a few minutes or hours while years or even decades have passed for the brother left behind.

Well, that what visiting home is like for me. In my mind everyone is exactly the same as when I left them two years ago, so It always a bit of a shock to see what the passing of time has done. A little melodramatic I know, but that's really how it feels.

Obviously, there is no internet connection on the plane so I'll post this when I get back down to Earth.

BTW This was written a couple of days ago.

2 comments:

melusina said...

It has been awhile since I went back to the U.S. so I don't know how will be (if/when) I ever go back. I left a lot of little people behind (not dwarves, young'uns) so I know they will be vastly different the next time I see them. Shoot, now that makes me sad.

I just got to the 6th season of West Wing, I could spoil it all for you but man, do crazy things happen!

teacher dude said...

You mean stuff like invading a Middle Eastern state based on fake evidence. Those crazy guys in Hollywood, how do they think up this stuff?