Thursday, January 10, 2008

Manolis's story


Manolis, originally uploaded by Teacher Dude's BBQ.

Thankfully, some stories have a happy end. Last week I wrote about Manolis, a busker who I often bump into whilst taking pictures in the centre.The last time I saw him he was looking very depressed and nothing like his usual cheerful self, the reason being that he had been served a deportation notice that told him that that after ten years of legal residence in Greece he had 30 days to return to Albania. Luckily, I had on me the number of a lawyer who deals in such cases and Giorgos, despite being swamped with work this week was more than willing to help out.

Now instead of being summarily expelled from the country Manolis has a fighting chance to being able to stay in the country as his case will have to undergo judicial review which he has a good chance of winning.

No comments: