Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Inspired by Robert Frank


I recently bought a book that I have been looking for since I first heard about it last year. Robert Frank's, The Americans.

"The Americans, by Robert Frank, was a highly influential book in post-war American photography. It was first published in France in 1958, and the following year in the United States. The photographs were notable for their distanced view of both high and low strata of American society. The book as a whole created a complicated portrait of the period that was viewed as skeptical of contemporary values and evocative of ubiquitous loneliness."



I've been trying, as I so often do, to put some of the atmosphere of the book into my own photographs. Once again I am limited by the fact I'm not free to roam a continent, or even a country for that matter but still I feel there is plenty to see on your own door step, if you look hard enough.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photographs! Thanks again for the inspiration!

teacher dude said...

Glad you like them Nancy.