Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"I get by with a little help from my friends"

Lydia

Seven weeks after having all my camera equipment stolen (see here for more details) I finally have got a replacement for the camera I lost. This is thanks to all the people who contributed financially via the internet and made it possible for me to do so. One of the good things to come out of the incident was the offers of help and support that flooded in via Twitter, Flickr and the blog, giving me hope when I was in a dark place and feeling very depressed.

I would also like to thank those who made it possible for me to contine taking pictures even when I had no camera of my own. Without the help of Eleni. Asteris, Orhan and D. H. Morton the last seven weeks would have been a photograph free zone on this blog.

Eleni

550 euro was donated via Tipit and the 40 euros via Paypal. Of that 33 euros (6%) was deducted by Tipit for commission and I tipped them 20 euros. Unfortunately, there were several delays in getting the money to Greece hence the fact that only recently got it. The rest I borrowed from friends.
So now I'm the proud owner of a Nikon D90 DSLR with an 18-105mm lens which cost 899 euros. Also I replaced my stolen Toshiba T10 flipcam with a Traveller camcorder which cost 99 euros.

So, once again thank you for all your help.

No comments: