Friday, July 23, 2010

Taking a break


Lydia, originally uploaded by Teacher Dude's BBQ.

I though I would take time out from the usual stories of doom and gloom and write about something more pleasant. Since, believe it or not the life goes on much as it usually does here in Greece despite all that you may read on this blog or in the newspapers. people work, laugh, fall in love have fun and the like.

Me and Lydia went to a concert a few days ago in the centre of Thessaloniki organised by a soft - drinks company. It was an example of naked self - promotion but despite that I have to admit it was fun. Being surrounded by so many people have such a great time was infectious and any excuse to forget our troubles is always welcome. Lydia was enthralled by it all and along with half the audience decided to record the event on her mobile. I swear Aristotelous square was a sea of cameras and cell phones.

In addition I finally learnt to do something that I have been meaning to get round to for ages and so with some trepidation I set about learning how to make bread. Much to my surprise the whole procedure was a lot less demanding than I had imagined. Buoyed by success with my first attempt I decided to try my luck again, this time with Lydia's assistance. And once again something emerged from the oven that not only resembled a loaf of bread but also tasted a lot like it as well.

No comments: