Friday, January 20, 2017

Snow bound Thessaloniki

Feeding pigeons in the park

Passengers waiting for buses in snow storm

The church of Holy Wisdom - Thessaloniki, Greece

Thankfully, the worst of the recent cold snap is over here in Thessaloniki. Last week temperatures nose dived far below zero and the city was blanketed with snow for the first time in years, According to some accounts it was coldest spell Thessaloniki has experienced since the 1930s. As result many were left without heating and water as gas and water pipes froze then cracked open. To add to people's woes electricity supplies were affected in many areas, making for a particularly miserable week for some.


3 comments:

Nouman Shakeel said...

Amazing post.

boogle bollywood

ary digital live

Slade Wilson said...

It is a very joyful journey for teachers once I also went to a BBQ party with my teachers they invited me to go with them to their BBq party here I got the knowledge about how to get Report Writing Help my teachers are very clever the I expect they told me about their study days how they complete their study it was my best day with my teachers.

affordable designing services said...

It looks like you enjoyed yourself a lot there in the snow. I always love to enjoy the snow with my teachers last time I was with my teacher in the snow enjoying with them and that was my favorite snowfall. I hope I will again get a chance to enjoy the snowfall with them.